- Jan. 1, 1963
- Incorporated Yangdong-myeon (Gayang, Magok, Deungchon, Yeomchang, Sinjeong, Mokdong, Hwagok, and Sindang-ri), Yangseo-myeon (Naebalsan, Oebalsan, Songjeong, Gwahae, Banghwa and Gaehwa-ri) and Bucheon-gun (Ogok and Osoe-ri) in Gimpo-gun, Gyeonggi-do, into Yeongdeungpo-gu. Installed Yangdong branch office and Yangseo branch office.
- Dec. 31, 1967
- Closed Yangdong branch office.
- May 18, 1970
- Renamed and divided Singok-dong into Hwagok 1-dong and Hwagok 2-dong.
- Dec. 31, 1970
- Renamed Hwagok 2-dong as Hwagokbon-dong.
- Oct. 1, 1975
- Divided Hwagok 1-dong into Hwagok 2-dong and Sinwol-dong and divided Sinjeong-dong into Sinjeong 1-dong and Sinjeong 2-dong.
- Sep. 1, 1977
- With the extension of the county (gu), incorporated 16 districts (dongs) of Yeongdeongpo-gu (Yeomchang, Mok, Deungchon, Hwagok, Shinwol, Gayang, Magok, Naebalsan, Oebalsan, Gonghang, Banghwa, Gaehwa, Gwahae, Osoe, Ogok, and part of Sinjoeng 1) and divided Banghwa-dong, which was newly established by Gangseo-gu, into Banghwa 1-dong and Banghwa 2-dong, and Sinjeong 1-and 2-dongs into Sinjeong 1-,2- and 3-dongs
- Oct. 10, 1978
- Divided Hwagokbon-dong into Hwagokbon-dong and Hwagok 3-dong, and Sinwol-dong into Sinwol 1-and 2-dongs.
- July 1, 1980
- Divided Hwagok 3-dong into Hwagok 3-and 5-dongs, Sinjeong 1-dong into Sinjeong 1-and 4-dongs, Yeomchang-dong into Yeomchang-dong, Mok 2-dong and Mok 3-dong, and Sinwol 1-dong into Sinwol 1-dong and Hwagok 5-dong and incorporated its part into Hwagokbon-dong
- Dec. 1, 1983
- Divided Sinwol 2-dong into Sinwol 2-and 4-dongs.
- Sep. 1, 1985
- Divided Mok 3-dong into Mok 3-and 4-dongs, Deunchon-dong into Deungchon 1-and 2-dongs, Sinwol 1-dong into Sinwol 1-and 5-dongs, Sinwol 4-dong into Sinwol 4-and 6-dongs, and Sinjeong 4-dong into Sinjeong 4-and 5-dongs
- Jan. 1, 1988
- Separated part of Gangseo-gu into Yangcheon-gu. ※Mok-dong, Sinjeong-dong, and Sinwol-dong were incorporated into Yangcheon-gu
- Sep. 1, 1989
- Divided Balsan-dong into Balsan 1-and 2-dongs.
- Oct. 1, 1991
- Divided Hwagokbon-and 5-dongs into Hwagok 5-and 6-dongs, Hwagok 1-and 3-dongs into Hwagok 1-,3-and 7-dongs, Hwagok 2-dong into Hwagok 2-and 8-dongs, and renamed Hwagokbon-dong as Hwagok 6-dong
- Apr. 1, 1993
- Divided Gayang-dong into Gayang 1-, 2-, and 3-dongs.
- Nov. 1, 1994
- Divided Banghwa 1-dong into Banghwa 1-and 3-dongs.
- Dec. 1, 1995
- Divided Deungchon 1-dong into Deungchon 1-and 3-dongs
- Dec. 1, 1998
- Incorporate Gwahae-dong into Gonghang-dong.
- Aug. 25, 2008
- Incorporated Hwagok 1-dong and Hwagok 7-dong into Hwagok 1-dong, and Hwagok 5-dong and Balsan 2-dong into Ujangsan-dong